Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Musings

Okay, so I made the pop tarts that I referenced in this post. They were a lot more work than I expected, and only came out so-so. The kids liked them alright. I was frustrated to see that the jam my husband picked out from the store has high fructose corn syrup, especially after reading about mercury contamination. Needless to say, we won't be using Hershey's chocolate syrup for the kids anymore. I was planning on trying to eliminate all the HFCS from our diet anyway, this just gives an added incentive.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

let me just say... i'm so glad i found your blog just now. i'm 24 years old, 5'5", 210 lbs. just started WW yesterday... when i stepped on that scale and saw her write the first "2", i almost threw up. i've never been this heavy and i hate myself for it.

your little musings are great. let's take this journey together and get healthy. thank you so much.

Rachel said...

I'm glad you like the blog. It's fun to share, and it helps me stay on track, knowing that people are reading. Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Josiemy said...

Hey! I just came across your blog on one of your weight watchers food lists! I am a fellow weight watcher and started a blog about it too:) I'm going to add you to my blogroll this weekend!