Sunday, February 15, 2009

Musings

It's back to work, post Valentine's Day. I meant to eat healthy meals yesterday and just cheat on whatever chocolates my husband got me, but my grandmother, aunt, and cousin came up for a surprise visit, which always means Chinese food for lunch. I'd had a healthy breakfast, so I didn't feel too horrible about my full plate of fried goodness. I also had a somewhat healthy dinner - the steak and peas were fine, but the saucy pasta was a little more than I would have done normally.

And the chocolates, oh my.. I know it's only been three weeks, but clearly my body wasn't used to so much sweets. I actually gave myself a stomach-ache, when I know I didn't actually eat more than I would have normally.

Well, anyway.. it was nice while it lasted, but I'm glad to be back in the saddle.

4 comments:

Marie said...

I totally understand the stomach ache. I felt so sick on V Day. I thought to do fruits (healthy choice) dipped in choc. fondue(not so healthy). It was so good and way over my points. but it was worth it...until I ate too much. It will be several weeks before I get to celebrate again. next time I'll practice a little more restraint. But I think you are doing awesome. You motivate me. I hope that, as a fan, I can motivate you.

Kathy. D said...

I hear you folks on the chocolate thing. I managed to escape that this Valentine's. I told my husband "no chocolate"! I was tempted by some champagne (my other weakness)though. I only had 1/2 flute to celebrate my B.day yesterday! I don't know how I stopped, I usually don't so I stepped on to shaky ground. :D .. Keep up your wonderful work!!

Rachel said...

Thanks! Your comments really do motivate me. It's always a pleasure opening up the website and seeing that I have comments. :)

Kathy, great job on not over indulging! Wow!

Kathy. D said...

My mom made a angel food cake with low fat cool whip and fresh fruit. It was so delicious, I had 2 small pieces on Sunday and a low fat meal. This non-diet is good because I rarely if ever get hungry. I love those "healthy select" soups for cold days and they hardly have any points. I don't get the low blood sugar feeling I usually get during the day, at work. Have a good day!!