Friday, February 20, 2009

Musings

This has been a frustrating day all around. First, I was quite disappointed that I only lost 2 pounds in the last week and a half. I guess I really need to start exercising more.

Secondly, my husband just told me that he's taking a 20% pay cut instead of getting laid off. I mean, I'm glad he still has a job, but we're just barely getting by as it is. We were planning on taking some of our tax refund (what's left after paying off the bills we're behind on) and taking the kids to Disney World.. but now I don't know if we'll be able to.

Now we definitely won't be able to afford a gym membership, either.

It's tempting to say, "Oh, well, since I'm having a crappy day, I'll treat myself to an ice cream," but I'm trying my hardest not to.

8 comments:

Celia said...

It seems to be that's happening to everyone right now. My spouse is on very reduced hours.

SunnyAK said...

The kids need to understand hardship and recession. I was 30 before I got to go to Disneyworld.

Enz said...

Crappy days can really make you wonder why you bother - so keep reminding yourself and I know it sounds trite, but tomorrow really is another day.
Hugs.

Marie said...

Eat the icecream. Only have a small amount...wait awhile..And if you still want more, eat a little more. Your non-diet isn't screwed up if you have some comfort food. My problem is I tend to overeat my comfort food. But what I've learned from my non-diet is that it's better to eat a bit of unhealthy then overeat until I hurt. Sometimes life can suck (the only word to describe it). Pay cuts, job loss, no money, being overweight, disappointments, etc. Take a few minutes and enjoy what good things exist, like family, kids, supportive husbands, and icecream!!! Focus on those two and a half pounds that you did lose. Don't worry about the rest. You are making progress, and that's awesome!

pray4haiti@yahoo.com said...

My hubby found your blog looking for a list of ww points. I love your writing. As far as exercise...organized exercise is very against every fiber of my being...even walking, to me, is organized exercise. I got a Wii (the original) that came with the sport package (basic). I do the boxing, tennis and bowling a lot. Golf...no biggie. Anyway, I do it in my home everyday and love-love-love it! I don't like to go out to exercise plus I'm a virtual personal assistant & professional blogger so I need to stay home. If you can afford it, or save for it, I highly suggest a Wii. PS...the Wii Fit is organized exercise to me ;-). Good luck!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the support everyone! I didn't splurge yesterday, but I sure did today. Well, I stayed within points, but it was close. :)

Rudloff5 said...

Many of us have those hard times...keep your head up and things have a way of working out.=)

Rachael said...

Hang in there... this is one of the hardest things for me too. My husband and I both got laid off last year, and things got better. We don't have money, but at least we have all we need.