Saturday, February 21, 2009

Musings

Whoever thought that being overweight would impact furniture selection? My parents and my in-laws gave us enough money at Christmas to buy a new couch and loveseat (our current ones are hand-me-downs from my parents, are at least 8 years old, and are ripped and stained--thanks kids and dogs!). We went looking today, and do you know what the deciding factor was? My weight! Couches that didn't have enough back support, that let me recline too much, were automatically out of the running. When we have company over, the last thing I want them to see is my big fat belly sticking out because I can't sit up straight on my own couch! How odd is that?

We picked out a nice leather couch and loveseat. We ended up going to the discount place because it was the only way we could afford leather, and with the way my kids spill things.. oy. Anyway.. so, it's from the discount place, but for $120, they guarantee to fix any stains, burns, punctures, tears, etc, and will even replace the piece if necessary.. for 5 years! So, not bad, really. And best of all.. they'll be delivered before our next playgroup. You have no idea what a relief it will be to not be embarassed about our nasty couches when we have people over.

1 comment:

Worm said...

Hi. I'm doing the weight watchers diet too. Can I give you a little advice?
You shouldn't eat less than the points allocated to you, or later on, as you loose the weight, it will get harder and harder rather than maintaining the same pace.
So far, just to keep you optimistic with the WW diet, I have lost 12lbs in 4 weeks. This is way more than I ever lost before :)
Keep going, and goo luck :)