Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Musings

Some routine maintenance comments.. I get these questions all the time, though I answer them frequently in my posts and in the comments section. Once again...

I'm not purposely trying to eat less than my points range. This is what I eat in a day, when I eat according to hunger. Believe it or not, I can tell that 22 is less than 28, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard that it's 'incorrect' to eat less than my points allowance. Personally, I feel it would be counter productive to realize at 8pm that I'm 6 points short for the day, and try to cram them all in (hmm, 3 grapefruits, or 6 cups of grapes, or 4 cookies, or 3 Skinny Cows.. that all seems like a lot to eat at night, y'know?). And, yeah, I realize that I'm being a bit snarky. Sorry, I guess.

You can find your points allowances based on your current weight here. It's right there at the top of the main points page.

Please, feel free to bring on the constructive criticism. If it's something I find useful, I'll consider it, and if it's repetitive stuff that I've heard a million times, I'll most likely take it with a grain of salt (though maybe mention it in these too-frequent reminder posts). Sorry if that's too honest.

I wouldn't be blogging if I didn't want to hear from people, so for as long as I'm here, feel free to comment away. :)

Oh, and a shoutout to Manda (who commented), we homeschool, too.

3 comments:

Rhondi said...

OK, I've really wanted to jump in here and comment, but I've just been hesitant... I'm your typical yo yo'er. I've always used pills as my crutch. I drop like 60 to 80 in 3 or 4 months and by the end of 12 months, I'm off the pills and back to gaining weight. I'm so tired of gimmicks. I'm so negative about diets now that I almost see myself failing before I get started you know! That's not the kind of loser I want to be. Weight Watchers is different than any other I've looked into, you get to eat regular food! I kept putting it off and didn't have the funds to give to go on-line so I searched for anything free to help me. I never knew I'd find your blog. Your honesty is real on how you deal with it from day to day and that is what a person like me needs~I'm dumping the crutches for the first time in my life. I really doubted that this would work. Today is my 7th day. I can't believe I've stuck with it this long. Funny, sometimes I think I have ADD because if it's not a pill that causes me not to eat, I get bored after the first week and do something else. As you loose, do you change your total points according to the weight scale? Keep blogging, keep going and keep it real! I'd pretty much given up, but the support I get from your blogs may just help me get healthy and stay healthy and be able to get to the maintnance point for a change. thanks @};~

Mel said...

Can I just say that this is wonderful that you're blogging about your weight loss? I've been trying to find a friend to do a plan with (I had great success on WW before--lost 30 pounds) and then like an idiot, stopped counting....but I was reading your blog....and it almost felt like someone is doing it with me. lol...and the complaints are exactly the same. THANKS!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am doing WW for the second time. The first time, I did great, got to my goal, and then had an unrelated health crisis hit which sent paying attention to what I did or did not eat out the window. Now, three years later, I'm almost back to where I started, and so I'm trying again.

My comment is in reference to your points problem. This has never been a problem with me--I have less to lose and therefore fewer points to work with. But a good friend of mine also on WW was having that same problem. Her leader recommended that she start looking at healthy higher-point foods. Avacados, salmon, almonds, etc. You could probably fit in more hearty whole grain breads, too. And low fat dairy instead of fat-free. It worked well for her.

I'm sorry if you've heard this suggestion before. I don't know you at all, but I am so impressed with your journal here. Good luck.